If you have yet to experience the wonders of Thailand and are looking at 2020 as the year to visit the Land of Smiles, there are many famous tourist areas, ranging from Chiang Rai, in the far north, to Phi Phi Island, off the southern coast. If you are unsure about where to go, here are our top Thai holiday destinations to consider.
- Phi Phi Island – This simply has to be our number 1 on the list, as this tropical paradise ticks all the boxes, with top rated hotels on Phi Phi Island in Thailand that can easily be booked online. The scenery is really out of this world and if you are a beach lover, Phi Phi is perfect for you. You can kayak around the limestone cliffs and experience amazing marine life, and with 5-star hotels that are affordable, you are in the perfect location for a unique holiday.
- Koh Chang – This island looks like the shape of an elephant (chang is elephant in Thai), hence the name, and although not a developed as Samui Island, there are all the amenities you would expect from a prestige tourist island. Child-friendly resorts are perfect for young families, and the Internet can help you source the right resort.
- Hua Hin – 3 hours of driving south from Bangkok will see you arrive at this lovely fishing town that sits on the Gulf of Thailand, and Hua Hin is also popular with Thai tourists. South of Hua Hin is a place called Pranburi, which is the next beach resort area to be developed.
- Rayong – Located on the eastern seaboard, Rayong is the port to get to Samed Island, another popular destination, and the coast along Rayong is full of luxury resort complexes, some are really quiet and secluded. Ideal for romantic couples, Rayong is a colourful province, with bustling local markets and fantastic restaurants, so there’s lots to see and do.
- Chiang Mai – The northernmost city in Thailand, Chiang Mai is the gateway to the hilltribes and the people have their own distinctive culture and cuisine that really must be experienced. If you love nature and mountainous terrain, spend at least one week in Chiang Mai, when you can explore pristine jungle and rice fields.
Wherever you decide to go in Thailand, you are sure to have a wonderful time, as Thai people are so warm and friendly to tourists.